The Only Thing I Know The Only Thing I Know

...................... Wow.

I'm breaking my absolute, this-is-my-style-every-time review format for this movie. But then, I think I may have just broken a lot of habits.

I'm a gamer. An AVID gamer. So much so that, with my creative nature, I was soon driven to create my own games, and at 18, I'm now a decent, self-marketed computer game designer and programmer. I have a deep love of all things game-related, even indulging in a free-to-play MMO, Mabinogi.

I know what keeps me gaming in my case: I'm competitive. Highly so, which is why any game that's played with other players drives me to constantly play & improve. Yet... You hit the nail on the head, just along the same lines of thought I've been traveling for a while.

Are games bad? Nope. Gamers? Game programmers? No and no. But... When we let them get too out-of-balance, when the games themselves start claiming our lives... What's it worth? You're absolutely right, the games themselves have NO RELEVANCE WHATSOEVER to our real lives.

I've been leaning this way for a while, slowly making some changes. Am I going to stop playing and making games? Heck no. But I'm not going to let meaningless play take over my life any more.

Thanks for the boot in the rear; I needed that. You, sir, are a great leader of the people.

Microcosm Microcosm

The Good, The Bad, and The Verdict

THE GOOD:
-Excellent animation
-Wonderful, well-thought out storyline
-Interesting concept
-Great choice of music

THE BAD:
-... Um... ?

THE VERDICT:
I just can't find a fault with this. It's a fantastic, brilliantly conducted work of art. Your use of ordinary, monochrome vector art blended with the occasional special effect, your music choices, the plot... Every last detail is fantastic, right up to the ending. This is undoubtedly one of my favorite Newgrounds submissions.

Oh, and bonus points for using the Shinra Corporation theme tune. BIG bonus points. ;D

Stamp on the Ground Stamp on the Ground

The Good, The Bad, and The Verdict

THE GOOD:
-Great art style
-Positively flawless animation
-Enormous variety & imagination
-Excellent character representations

THE BAD:
-... Um... Nope, I got nothing. :D

THE VERDICT:
Well, congratulations: you have officially created the first NG animation I have ever seen, that I can find NO FAULTS WITH WHATSOEVER. I've never said this before... But it's perfect!!!

Your character stylizing was perfect, making everyone instantly recognizable. The number of cameos you worked in was also highly impressive. Your animation was brilliantly, flawlessly executed, and the song choice was perfect too. I'm serious dude...

This.

Is.

Perfect.

Such is Life... Such is Life...

The Good, The Bad, and The Verdict

THE GOOD:
-Excellent animation
-Good style
-Great humor
-Nice character development

THE BAD:
-The cat was a little gross

THE VERDICT:
Wow. Just wow. You took a flower, an ordinary, cartoon flower, and made it into a lovable, empathizable character. I found myself laughing over and over as he encountered one situation after another, all in a hilariously exaggerated style. You tied the scenes together beautifully, and the expressions on the flower's face were PRICELESS.

Other than that cat scene, which is really just a personal issue, I honestly can't find any fault whatsoever with this movie. You absolutely deserve full marks; this is an epic win!

Snowbot Snowbot

The Good, The Bad, and The Verdict

THE GOOD:
-Great art & Animation
-Excellent musical score
-Cute robot (YES, I SAID IT, THAT'S A GOOD THING!!!)

THE BAD:
-Disappointingly short

THE VERDICT:
I really can't find any faults with this; my only regret is that, after watching the animation, I found myself wanting more & wishing it had lasted longer.
Other than that, EXCELLENT WORK!!! Your artwork was marvellous, perfectly styled. Your musical composition was excellent; have you posted it in the NG Audio Portal? If not, I BEG you to do so!!! You also created an interesting character with Snowbot. All in all, this is an instant fave, and a 5/5. Well done!

.&amp;lt;3 .<3

The Good, The Bad, and The Verdict

THE GOOD:
-Great little story
-Nice art style
-Good choice of music

THE BAD:
-Occasionally somewhat confusing
-Could've done without the heart-in-ribcage thing

THE VERDICT:
I gotta tell you, I liked that a lot. The art was good, the story was good, the music was good, and hey, I like love stories!
Like I pointed out above, there were one or two parts which were slightly confusing, like at the airport; first their hands were coming together, then he suddenly shot back, then they were together again. See, when he pulled back like that, I thought he was waking up again, and that the whole thing had been a dream, so it threw me off when they were suddenly back together.
Overall though, this is a good work that definitely deserves its place on the NG Frontpage. 4 of 5, 8 of 10; well done!

toto&amp;amp;gogo toto&gogo

The Good, The Bad, and The Verdict

THE GOOD:
-Perfect artwork
-Excellent animation
-Funny
-Nice plot

THE BAD:
-Play button should've been labeled

THE VERDICT:
I have to say, this is one of the absolute BEST movies I've seen on NG. Your artwork was flawless, your animation perfect, the sound perfectly leveled; even the music was well chosen! There's no doubt in my mind: you have a gift for this. Keep it up! You could really go far!!!

KOF KOF

The Good, The Bad, and The Verdict

THE GOOD:
-EXCELLENT graphics
-Cute characters
-Funny ending

THE BAD:
-Pretty big considering the length
-REALLY glitchy preloader

THE VERDICT:
I don't say this often: I found NO FAULT WHATSOEVER with the artwork and animation in this: it was PERFECT!!! As far as the rest goes, it wasn't exactly a hilarious ending, but it was still funny, and I also ended up relating to the characters; I really wanted the worm to win! ^_^ You really should try to fix that preloader, though... I mean, woah; glitchy. >_<
One thing unrelated to the movie itself: you should consider putting a little more than "Movie" in your comments. You don't HAVE to, it just helps your possible viewers.

black ball2 black ball2

The Good, The Bad, and The Verdict

THE GOOD:
-Nice art & animation
-Decently funny
-Well-optimized file size

THE BAD:
-A little obvious

THE VERDICT:
I've got the same opinion about this one, pretty much, as the first Black Ball; good, not great. One thing here: the movie would probably have a lot more impact if you translated the Japanese text messages on the phones; even subtitles would have helped.

black ball. black ball.

The Good, The Bad, and The Verdict

THE GOOD:
-Nice art & animation
-Decently funny
-Well-optimized file size

THE BAD:
-Short
-A little obvious

THE VERDICT:
THE GOOD & THE BAD say it all, pretty much. It's a nice piece, I'll be viewing your other stuff directly, and you certainly have potential; I just wouldn't say it's the most original thing I've ever seen.